Scroll DownThe Tracery, Shropshire

Case Study: The Tracery, Shropshire

Project Synopsis: Former Church reconfigured into four superb homes

A chapel was first built at Swan Hill in the town of Shrewsbury in 1767. In 1868, this was demolished and replaced with the current building; schoolrooms were then added in 1880. Charters Property Ltd who specialise in property development, consultancy and project management, recently purchased the deconsecrated church and have transformed the building into a prestigious development of four fabulous homes.

Sensitivity was key when renovating the property and the majority of the original features have been preserved. Original stone walls, lintels and cills have been repaired and impeccably replaced. The walls and roofs have been insulated and energy saving measures implemented to create a comfortable, efficient living environment. Although it was possible to restore some of the original fenestration, double glazed replacement steel windows were still required throughout the building. Clement were thrilled to manufacture these new steel windows and doors.

Clement 2 and 4 Conservation Rooflights were installed throughout, in keeping with the traditional look outside and allowing masses of light in through the beautiful, high ceilings.

James Charters, Director of Charters Property said “We have used Clement rooflights on numerous projects and appreciate the fast delivery and easy installation, their products have met with Local Authority approval on all of our heritage sensitive work. This means we can specify a great looking product in the knowledge that it will also fulfil our planning criteria as well. We will continue to use Clement rooflights on future projects.”

The Tracery, Shropshire

 

The Tracery, Shropshire